Contribute to the WPT blog
Contribute as a guest blogger or as a regular columnist. It’s entirely up to you.
What can blogging on WPT do for you?
- Expand your reputation as an expert in your field
- Build relationship with companies that are powered by technology
- Interact with other professional and entrepreneurial women
- Benefit from formal and informal mentoring from your peers and industry leaders
- Gain valuable insights on blogging best practices – yes we’ll train you while you’re blogging!
- Attend WPT events at a reduced rate
Contributors, collaborators & thought leaders wanted
Like any organization, we have a few guidelines to follow – they make our job easier and will help publish your work faster.
First and foremost, we need to know what you want write about – it’s all about the pitch. If you want to write a column, give us your BIG idea in a couple of sentences as well as a few headlines (story ideas). If you want to write a post, we need the info “quick and dirty” so we can let you know if it’s something we can use on our site.
If you’re just starting to blog, use these tips to help bulk up that courage to write your first post. You can do it!
- Write with passion, humor and/or pizazz – and be critical. We want your opinion, not just the facts.
- Hone in on your niche and stick to it. Learn as much as you can and be the subject matter expert. Don’t be afraid to ask your readers for help. We’re growing a community, remember?
- Learn to explore a topic fully and adhere to minimum word counts (300 to make Google happy).
- Add videos and pictures to your posts – and label them with keywords so Google can understand them too.
- Contribute on a regular basis. Relevant and informative content is important to us. We look forward to hearing from you.
When submitting your stories, articles and ideas, please:
- Include a short bio (2-3 sentences). It will be published with your article.
- Submit images via email. Images will be published with every tip/article/story.
- Photos must be hi-res .jpg and 600×400 pixels
Send your pitches to us in the body of your email or as an attachment in a Word doc.
We respond to all emails, but please be patient. If you haven’t heard from us within 1 week, feel free to follow up.
Got more questions you want answered fast? Catch up with us on Twitter or Facebook and let’s talk!